Two Rivers Board of Trustees consists of leaders in education, accomplished professionals and parents. Each non-staff board member contributes to the school's governance through one of four committees: 1) Academic Excellence, 2) Governance, 3) Finance, and 4) Development.
Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purpose of the school and keeping the mission clearly in focus
- selecting the executive director and supporting and reviewing the performance of the executive director
- ensuring effective organizational planning
- ensuring adequate resources and managing resources effectively
- monitoring and strengthening the school’s programs and services
- monitoring compliance with the school’s accountability measures
- enhancing the school’s public standing
- ensuring legal and ethical integrity and maintaining accountability
- recruiting and orienting new Trustees and assessing Board performance
The Board is not involved with the day-to-day operations of the school. For example, the Board does not determine what is taught in math on Tuesdays or what is served for lunch on Fridays.